Welcome

Welcome
Oklahoma Farm Life

Sunday, January 18, 2015

60 Days Til Spring!!!!

Howdy Friends,

I hope yall are doing well this Beautiful Sunday Afternoon!

Im doing well- Allergies are getting to me due to the Weather Change here in Oklahoma.

However, I have been tryin to keep busy and prepare for the Spring in the Greenhouse.

I am so looking forward to Spring / Summer!!

60 Days until Spring

Yes, im counting down! :)

Then Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day~ I hope the groundhog does not see its shadow!

I do have a few mums, little trees and some seedlings growing in the greenhouse..


I have also started to try to grow Avocado plants out of Avocado seeds..


All you have to do in get a seed from an Avocado and poke a couple of holes in it- on the sides w/toothpicks and place in a mason jar or clear cup with water...barely touching the water and
once it has a few leaves and some growth you can then move to a pot w/soil...

I hope you have better luck then I have....

Here are some Gardening/Outdoor Décor. Books I have been reading lately to prepare for this year.


1. Better Homes and Gardens - Inside Out - It has tons of ideas for making the outside just as beautiful as the inside of a home.

2. Garden Anywhere by : Fowler - a Wonderful Book I Love! It also tell you how to grow an Avocado plant and how to compost and etc.. I recommend  you Read this one for sure!

3. Native American Gardening by: Wilson - Is a Great Read because it tells you how gardening was done back before we came along. Plus I Love History & Gardening .


Happy Gardening & Reading Yall!  



No comments:

Post a Comment