Welcome

Welcome
Oklahoma Farm Life

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Philippa Gregory - Tudor Series Summer Read

So Far out of the Philippa Gregory -


Tudor Series -


 I have read the Following...


The Constant Princess - http://instagram.com/p/n9iTt2moE6/


This Book was Amazing - and is a Must Read for any Philippa Gregory Fan!


I had always wondered what Katherine of Aragon - First and Rightful Queen of England


life was like... she was so strong in her Believes and the " Lie " if she did indeed consummate her marriage to Prince Arthur is still on everyone's mind even to today is insane in a way...


Her Life was EVERYONES business but she was helpless to stop King Henry from abandoning her to die....


Sad story and yet so honest , raw emotions...




The Other Boleyn Girl - http://instagram.com/p/oUcRa1GoKS/




I had read before when I was maybe 15years old....soo maybe 12years ago -lol ugh


Anyways......so reading this Book again and watching the movie afterwards was so Fun for me!


The Book is Wonderfully written like everything Philippa Gregory! ;)
However my Favorite part of it was that it was written from the view point of  Mary Boleyn who was rarely mentioned in History - in General really....


So sad how her life as well as her siblings Anne Boleyn and George Boleyn were all used to climb to the top of the "Royal Ladder" ... Anne Boleyn was used and so she did her part and more ... and who could really blame her when her parents and family were all for this and whatever else they had to do...Anne was doing her best to stay alive in a mans world....




I think I will write more about Anne, Mary and George because these Children were tossed like chew toys into a Dog eat Dog world of Men and Spy's.. so they did they best they could do with what they were shown and given....


Btw- the Movie is really Good but get your tissues ready!!!


I Love Natalie Portman as Anne Boleyn and Scarlett Johansson was a pretty good Mary Boleyn!


So now I am on the Book


The Boleyn Inheritancehttp://instagram.com/p/ow8wWWmoFo/


Where King Henry sends for this painter to paint girls from all over ...so that he may choose himself a New Bride...some girls are eager to fill the Dead Queen - Jane Seymour's shoes and some not so much!




NOTE: I think after this book I will jump to another book series for a min  or month or so...lol


but I will always come back to Philippa Gregory - I Love Her writing and the Lives of these Brave young Women!

For more info on these Women & Philippa Gregory go to http://www.philippagregory.com/



Happy Reading! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment